If you are craving good buffalo wings that are also healthy, look no further. These wings are crispy, and baked in the oven so no time for messy clean-ups and plus no extra calories. Great thing is that you will not be missing out! If you prefer dry wings, just skip the last part and serve the buffalo sauce as a dip. These wings can be served for parties, simply double or triple the ingredients and the results will be the same. They are also a great option for game nights!
You can use a different kind of hot sauce if you want but I find that Franks Red Hot Sauce works great.
Don’t skip the baking powder. This is what makes the wings crispy. I know it does sound weird and you may think the wings will have a weird taste but don’t worry about it. Use a Measuring Spoon as eye-balling may get you that weird taste. Also, do not mistake baking powder for baking soda. HUGE difference!
- 1 lb chicken wings (24-26 pcs) tips removed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For the sauce
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1/3 cup franks hot sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar or monkfruit/erythritol blend
For the ranch
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp sugar (brown or white) or monk fruit/erythritol sweetener
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Pat dry the chicken with a paper towel to remove excess moisture
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place a wire rack over a baking sheet rimmed with foil/parchment paper
- Add the chicken to a large bowl then sprinkle with salt and baking powder. Toss well to combine
- Arrange chicken on the prepared wire rack and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove then flip and bake for an additional 20 minutes until it cooks through, dark brown, and crispy. Remove and transfer to a bowl
- Melt butter and mix well with the hot sauce and sugar.
- Pour over the sauce and toss to coat. Serve with the ranch and celery. Enjoy!
For Ranch Dip
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well.