Low-Carb Peanut Butter Apple Breakfast Muffins
These are the low-carb version of our tasty flourless peanut butter muffins. They have the same taste and texture minus the sugar. You'll love these peanut butter muffins if you are not strictly watching your carb intake. It tastes the same as regular muffins, has a nice fluffy texture, and is perfect with a cup of tea or coffee. These are so good you won't tell that they are flourless and sugarless.
- 1 hand blender
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 spatula
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 medium apple cored and chopped into small pieces
- cooking spray or skip if using muffin cups
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon optional
- 1/4 cup monk fruit/erythritol blend
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Mix everything except apples in a medium bowl. Using a hand blender, blend until soft and fluffy.
- Fold the apple and mix well with a spatula
- Scoop the batter evenly into the 6-prepared muffin tin
- Bake for 15-20 min or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean
- Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve
- I prefer using muffin cups, however, you can spray the tin and they will come out just fine.
- You can substitute apples for pears, they'll work great.
- They can stay on the countertop for up to 3 days or in the fridge for 5 days.
- These peanut butter muffins freeze well. You can put them in a zip lock airtight bag and they will stay in the freezer for up to 3 months. To defrost, leave it on the countertop for about 2 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- I haven't tried with a different sweetener but they should be fine. You may need a little bit more if using erythritol.
Calories: 204kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 9gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 217mgPotassium: 202mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 99IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 65mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!