Loaded with crispy bacon, vegetable, ridiculously tasty fried rice that's easy to make and will become part of your weekly dinner rotation.
- 3 cups jasmine rice cooked. chilled
- 2 large eggs
- 4 strips bacon chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables corn, peas,carrots
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 tsp hot sauce or sriracha
- 1 tsp sugar or honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- sliced green onions to garnish
- In a large skillet or wok, fry bacon over medium heat until crisp and browned. Use a slotted spoon to remove and set aside on a plate.
- Transfer half the bacon grease onto a bowl and add eggs to the remaining half. Scramble until fully cooked then place in the same plate as the bacon.
- Scoop some of the bacon fat back into the wok and add the onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes then add the vegetables and garlic. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add in the cold rice and stir well. Add the eggs, bacon and the rest of the ingredients and stir to heat through.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
This dish will make 2-3 servings. Enough for 2 servings if being served as the main dish or 3 servings as a side dish. It will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days if you are lucky enough to keep it that long. For our seafood lovers, you can try Easy Shrimp Fried Rice . You can serve this dish with Easy Honey Garlic Pork Chop Recipe or Baked Turkey Wings for a complete dish. What if I don't have cold rice? If you forget to plan this ahead and don't have any leftover rice, simply cook rice as you normally would or according to manufacturer's instructions then spread the rice out evenly on a large baking sheet or tray and refrigerate for 1 hour or the freezer for 20-30 minutes until chilled. Whatever you do, do not use hot/warm rice. It tends to be mushy and will ruin your fried rice. What if I don't have jasmine rice? Any medium to long grain rice will work fine.
Calories: 436kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 17gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 645mgPotassium: 348mgFiber: 5gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 3274IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!