Creamiest, absolutely tasty mashed potatoes that are great for any day or occasion.
- 8 Medium Potatoes
- 3/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup hot milk I use half & half
- Using a potato peeler, peel potatoes and slice them into halves. Rinse in cold water
- Place potatoes in a medium size pot, add salt and cover with cold water. Boil for 20-25 minutes or until easily pierced with a knife. Until almost all the water dries up
- Drain well then transfer to a large bowl for mixing.
- Add butter, then using a hand mixer, mix well.
- Add the boiling milk and continue mixing until fluffy or reaches your desired texture
- Cover potatoes with plastic wrap until ready to serve
If you are looking for a side dish to prepare for valentine's day now that it's around the corner, do not look further. These creamy mashed potatoes will blow your mind. The velvety texture, just enough salt and the creaminess will leave your guest begging (literally) for more. What kind of potatoes should I use? You can use russet potatoes or red potatoes. If you can, use half of each (half red and half russet) you get the best of both worlds 🙂 Can I replace milk instead? I have never tried this with almond milk but it definitely won't taste the same. Half & half give it the creaminess that makes this dish outstanding. You can, however, use whole milk or 2% instead. Can I boil the potatoes without chopping them? Yes, that'd work. If you have an extra 5-10 minutes then yes, it'll be worth it. Can I use cold milk? No, boil the milk and thank me later 🙂
Calories: 466kcalCarbohydrates: 77gProtein: 11gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 576mgPotassium: 1888mgFiber: 9gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 462IUVitamin C: 84mgCalcium: 130mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!