Potato salad is a classic side dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you are having a BBQ, picnic, family gathering, or a potluck, on a hot sunny afternoon, potato salad will for sure please a crowd. The creamy texture of the potatoes and the tangy dressing make a delicious and satisfying dish.
- 2 lb potatoes about 4-5 medium sized. chopped into quarters
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sweet relish
- 1/2 tbsp dijon
- 1/2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 4 eggs hard boiled
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp chopped dill and extra for garnishing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes in a pot of salted water and cook until they are fork-tender, which should take about 15-20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, dice the hard-boiled eggs into small pieces and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the mayo, sour cream, dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar. Set aside
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and let them cool for a few minutes. Chop into quarter size
- In a large bowl add the potatoes, onions, celery, dill, and paprika. Add 3/4 of the dressing and mix gently until everything is well-coated ensuring potatoes don't get smashed. (adjust the amount of dressing to your liking by adding more or less).
- Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste
- Cover the potato salad with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. This will allow the salad to chill while flavours meld together.
- Garnish with the rest of the dill. Serve and Enjoy!
You can serve this potato salad with a side of Juicy Steak Kebabs or your favourite barbecue chicken recipe
-If you don’t like dill or are unable to find one you can substitute for parsley
-Ensure you drain all the water from the boiled potatoes to prevent a watery salad from the extra
– For an extra crunch, you can add some thinly sliced radishes to the potato salad.
– To make the potato salad lighter, you can use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
– If you want to add more protein or make it a whole meal, you can add some cooked bacon, cooked chicken or ham to the salad.
In conclusion, this tasty potato salad recipe is easy to make and delicious to eat. It’s a classic side dish that is perfect for any occasion. The creamy texture of the potatoes and the tangy dressing make for a delicious and satisfying dish. You can customize this recipe to your liking by adding more or less of your favourite ingredients. This potato salad is sure to be a hit at your next gathering.